Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunday

This past Sunday was truly a special day. I have never experienced God in such a real, loving way as I did. I have never heard him so loud and clear in his love for me. I have been extremely sad about having to leave my church of 20 years. The past two Sundays I have attended a different church and it has been extremely hard for me because I am missing my home church and it breaks my heart. However the saying that when God closes a door He opens a window has never felt more real to me after Sunday.
During the praise and worship portion of the sermon I was focusing so much on the negative that this church wasn’t BBC and I was being consumed with hurt and anger. I was tearing up and feeling sorry for myself when out of nowhere the pastor jumped on the stage and started talking. He said that God had been laying something on his heart and he just had to get it out there. He said there was a girl in the congregation, he didn’t know who it was, but that her heart was breaking and she was so sad. He said he didn’t know why she was so heartbroken, whether it be from a marriage or relationship ending to something else, but that she needed love and prayer from the congregation. It was like a lightning bolt shooting straight through me. God used this pastor to speak directly to me, to tell me that I wasn’t alone and that He loved me. I know He was talking to me. He wanted me to know that He was there, that He felt my pain and that He wanted me to feel His love surrounding me. I feel like He was telling me I was in the right place. I have never experienced God this powerfully, it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment