Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Typical Tuesday!


I tried a new church this week, as much as it pains me to have to leave my church of over 20 years it has become an unfortunate necessity. Even though I have spent time upset and distraught over this decision I am trying to look at the positive and see the new doors that God can open up for me. My previous church had a very small number of people in my age group, but the church I went to Sunday was full of young people! I am trying to look at things in a flattering light and see this as an opportunity, as well as trying to get excited about it, trying being the key word. I'm not always the best at pulling myself out of funks but I think once I start going regularly I will be able to see God's hand in this whole process.

I am still waiting to hear if I got the job I interviewed for a month ago. I don't believe I got it which is sad to me because I got my hopes up. I tried so hard to tell myself not to get too caught up in the idea that the job was mine and in the end I didn't do so well. Mom keeps trying to remind me that all things happen in God's time and surely there is something better up ahead. I know she's right, I'm just impatient! I guess this is God's way of giving me practice at waiting on His timing instead of my own.

I am continuing on my weight loss journey and it feels so great. It's still hard and I don't always enjoy the working out but in the end I feel amazing and it is so worth it. I've been experimenting with quinoa and trying all sorts of different soy yogurts (the silk kind is super yummy and has 6 grams of protein!) as well as trying veggie burgers from different brands. I bought some tofu noodles that I am excited to try tonight. They are basically tofu in the shape of spaghetti. We shall see how that goes... My favorite recipe right now is super easy and it can feed me three times! Just in case anyone out there wants to give it a try I shall share it with you:

2 Tofurkey Italian Sausages
1 Bag Steamable Brown Rice (plain or with vegetables, just no added sauces)
I Bag of Krogers Frozen 3 Pepper and Onion Blend
1-2 Tablespoons of Newmans Own Lite Honey Mustard Dressing

I start by throwing the rice in the microwave while I warm up the peppers and onions in a skillet. While they are cooking I cut the sausages in half and then into smaller pieces so that it can cook faster and all the pieces get warm all the way through. After the sausages are chopped I add them to the skillet and increase the heat to medium-high (ish) then put in the rice. After everything is heated through I section it out into 3 equal portions, refrigerate two of them and then add my dressing to the one I'm eating.

It's so good! And easy. And if you buy the Tofurkey Sausages from Trader Joe's they are significantly cheaper than if you buy them at Kroger...just saying.

I am in the process of trying to adopt a pug from a rescue group. There is one in particular that I have fallen in love with. Her name is Frankie and she is fat and adorable. The application process is very thorough, I had to have personal references, vet references, fill out a lengthy application and I have to have a home visit! They want to make super sure that I'm good to fur babies. We will see how it goes, I'm going to have to start really saving if I'm going to be able to afford the adoption fee, but it will be worth it when I get my little fat pug baby! My current fat pug baby needs a buddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment